The Articulated Wooly Bugger!

The Articulated Wooly Bugger

After finding an interest articulated streamers I decided to try a few. I quickly found that I loved tying this type of fly pattern. The issue that I ran into is the size of the articulated patterns. On my part of the White River larger articulated flies that I was tying were a little big. In an attempt to correct this issue, I decided to use smaller hooks. The next decision was to find a pattern that I have had success with trout. I also wanted something I could use for small and large mouth bass. The solution was an articulated wooly bugger. Articulated, a pattern that catches fish, and just the right size that even Goldie locks would use. Hope you enjoy the video. Let me know if you tie this and how it fished for you!




MATERIALS:
Rear hook: Mustad streamer hook size 12
Front hook: Mustad streamer hook size 10
Bead: Larger cone style
Body: Medium sized black chenille.
Thread: Black Ultra Thread 140
Tail: Black maribou
Hackle: Black hackle
Connecting wire: 0.18 Beadalon craft wire
Joint beads: Generic craft beads
Lead wire: 0.15 lead wire

Comments