Home

I am finally home from my flight to Denver and then my drive back. The drive didn't go as expected, but it's not an adventure until something doesn't go as planned or goes wrong. I was going to drive straight through, but the storms in Kansas were wicked. The lightning was the craziest light show I've seen in the sky. Around 2 in the morning the work van I was driving back was leaning due to the 80mph wind gusts they were having. The radio said a small town had houses ripped apart from the wind. At that point I had to pull over at a rest stop that I wouldn't have figured to be there. Kinda of a blessing to find it. I didn't want to sleep on the vans floor and couldn't pitch the hammock outside, because let's face it I was wanting to go parasailing. So I hooked it to a safety handle in the front seating area and there was a Cargo hook above the vans back door, so I got to sleep comfortably. I wish I would've figured that out when I drove up to South Dakota for a week. I will be in a truck when I depart for Seattle in a few days so I will pack the tent too and hope for the best with weather as I camp across the west for a week. Going to be a long trip to Seattle and back. I believe it'll be worth it pay wise and experience wise. For now it's time for some shut eye and a well needed nap...

Comments